Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Drove Me Crazy

Name one thing that drive you crazy today.

So I am a teller at a credit union, and I'd say I really love my job 90% of the time. Well they have decided that it would be a brilliant idea to turn us into 'Member Service Representatives' or MSR's. What that means is instead of just being a teller, we now get to process loans as well... among other things. Cool right? Not cool. Well, okay, it's not horrible, but they are going about it the wrong way. They are not prepared to properly train us, and I feel like there is a bit of confusion amongst the CU.

There are three levels of MSR. Today we found out what levels we are. I am a level 2. I was fine with it until my manager kept talking. I know he was just trying to make it sound like level 2 was great and blah blah blah, but then he told me where the other tellers are and what they based the levelling on. One of the factors is 'seniority' which is a term I've come to hate. At this point I feel like our levels of knowledge are pretty similar, yet because I've been here less I'm 'ranked' lower. It absolutely drives me crazy. Especially when I do more work than those with this 'seniority'. So frustrating.

But I'll just keep my mouth shut since when I've voiced my feelings in the past it made no difference. Apparently you have to be at the job for a long time in order to gain respect.

Photo: I finally went in to get my eyes checked. First time in over 3 years, so it was much needed. Saying goodbye to these cute glasses. Got me some new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment