Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Thinking About...

Who is one person you think about often but rarely get a chance to see? Describe your relationship with that person.
 
Lately I've had my friend Lindsay on my mind. I don't know why, I've just been thinking about her a lot. Even though I 'keep up with her' on Facebook, I still wonder how she is really doing.
 
She was one of my very best friends in high school, despite being two years younger than me. I always had a great time talking with her and hanging out with her. She was a great friend, and I turned to her for a lot. Even after HS I still kept in touch, and now that we're both married, we still keep in touch through FB and IG. It's definitely not the same, and I don't know if we'll ever have the same relationship we once had (not that we don't have a good relationship) is just not the same, but I know that I'll always have her as a friend, and I'll always be there for her when she needs. I love her to death and I'm grateful for her friendship. We keep talking about how we need to get together...I just need to make the time to do it.
 
I think being in my calling has really got me thinking about people, friends, and how they are doing. I need to do a better job at following up on promptings when it does come to these people... and so do you. Never pass up the opportunity to follow a prompting. You just never know what you can do for that person.
 
Photo: Red. For Relief Society we created little angels with all the sister's names on them and encouraged everyone to pick one to do a little something for. Well this sweet sister came up to me tonight with this falling homemade ornament and red and white candy cane and said, "I didn't pick your angel but I wanted to give you this." It touched my heart so much. I am really going to miss her as she leaves on a mission to her native country of Samoa. She is so sweet, and it made me realize how great my calling can be.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment